The length of proceedings is stipulated in the CPC and the APC.
Duration for preparation of the case for the court investigation:
- the court of general jurisdiction – 7 days from the date the application is accepted;
- arbitration court – 10 days.
Duration of the term for consideration of the case by court:
- arbitration court – a month as of the date the determination on preparation of the case for the court investigation is made;
- the court of general jurisdiction – also a month.
The Resolution of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic Nº 521 as of 18 July 1994, on "Approval of the State fee's rates" establishes the amounts of the State fees.
The amount of the State fees for statements of claims filed in court are the following:
- 10 soms: for suits alleging damages less than 500 soms;
- 5 per cent of the alleged damages: for actions involving from 500 up to 5000 soms;
- 10 percent of the claimed damages: for actions involving over 5000 soms.
The amounts of State fees for the statements of claims filed in arbitration court are the following:
- 5 per cent of the claim, but not less than the minimum wage, amount for claims up to 50,000 soms;
- fee of 2,500 soms plus 4 per cent of the claimed amount more than 50,000 soms for claims from 50,000 to 250,000 soms;
- fee of 10,000 soms plus 3 per cent of the claimed amount more than 250,000 soms for claims from 250,000 to 500,000 soms;
- fee of 20,000 soms plus 2 per cent of the claimed amount more than 500,000 soms for claims from 500,000 to 2,500,000 soms;
- fee of 60,000 soms plus 1 per cent of the claimed amount more than 2,500,000 soms for claims involving from 2,500,000 to 5,000,000 soms;
- fee of 80,000 soms plus 0.5 per cent of the claimed amount for claims of more than 5,000,000 soms.
In the course of considering statements of claims in the courts of general competence, the plaintiffs of claims arising from copyright, right to invention, industrial design, rationalization proposal are released from the payment of court expenses (Article 89 of the CPC).
Official statistics data on actual length of judicial proceedings and their costs are not kept.