92. The Chairman said that, at its meeting of 18 December 2007, the General Council had approved Cape Verde's Protocol of Accession and adopted a Decision on the Accession of Cape Verde as well as the report of the Working Party on its accession (WT/ACC/CPV/30 and Add.1 and 2).
93. At its meeting of 5-6 February 2008, the General Council had approved Ukraine's Protocol of Accession and adopted a Decision on the Accession of Ukraine as well as the report of the Working Party on its accession (WT/ACC/UKR/152 and Add.1 and 2).
94. In keeping with WTO provisions, Cape Verde and Ukraine would become Members 30 days following the dates of their ratification of their respective Protocols of Accession.
95. By means of a communication, dated 3 March 2008, the European Communities had requested consultations with China regarding measures affecting financial information services and foreign financial information suppliers (IP/D/27).
96. Turning to the Protocol Amending the TRIPS Agreement of 6 December 2005, the Chairman said that pursuant to the proposal agreed by the TRIPS Council at its last meeting (IP/C/45), the General Council had decided, at its meeting on 18 December 2007, to extend the period for acceptances by Members of the Protocol until 31 December 2009 or such later date as may be decided by the Ministerial Conference (WT/L/711).
97. Since the TRIPS Council's meeting in October 2007, the following Members had deposited their instruments of acceptance: Hong Kong, China on 27 November; China on 28 November; and the European Communities on 30 November (documents WT/Let/606-608, respectively). In addition, on 31 January, the Netherlands had accepted the Protocol for the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba (document WT/Let/611). The Secretariat had circulated an update to the note on the status of acceptances of the Protocol (IP/C/W/490/Rev.2) and would continue to update it periodically.