70. The Chairman said that Brazil, China, India and South Africa had requested that this item be added to the agenda. They had submitted a communication that briefly introduced the item, circulated in document IP/C/W/619.
71. The representatives of India, Brazil, South Africa, China, Ecuador, Egypt, Indonesia, Bangladesh, the Russian Federation, the United States, Canada, the European Union, Chile, Australia, Switzerland, Japan, the Republic of Korea, the Plurinational State of Bolivia and Norway took the floor.
72. The representatives of the Holy See, WHO, UNCTAD, and UNAIDS took the floor.
73. The representative of the Secretariat took the floor.
74. The Council took note of the statements made and agreed to take the matter up as an ad hoc agenda item at its next meeting.